Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Structure



I just put a new piece on the website: it's called Structure, and you can see larger images here.

I put lots of details on the site, so it should be pretty easy to read most of the text in the piece by clicking through the images if you're so inclined. Here is my favorite detail.



It says, "Are you a repeatable result?"



In this one The moth (a tobacco budworm moth, of course), says, "Let me tell you about my childhood."

I recently had a meeting with Nina Katchadourian, who is a fabulous artist and also a curator at the drawing center. She asked me about the way I used morning glories as symbols. I answered a little vaguely- morning glories are a complicated for me. But tobacco budworms are not. Those guys are artists.

2 comments:

kw said...

You leave me speechless, gobsmacked and seeking righteous words. Your amazing focus, energy, devotion and relentless persuit of your art is a force to be admired.

Blessings on you and yours.

Sam Simpson said...

Wow- what a nice thing to say! Thanks so much! What a bunny you are!