Friday, November 07, 2008

Dance, baby, dance!

That video of everybody at city hall made me realize that I have to learn the electric slide. If you don't know how to do it either, you can watch this video and groove. The lady with the cane is my favorite.

I love dance videos. I also found a really fun video that teaches the cha cha slide, which is probably familiar to middle schoolers worldwide but is new to me.

And then there's this guy. Who is so beautiful. The way he can't move, but yet does, so gracefully.



I found him because I was searching for that other elusive wedding dance, the Alley Cat. I can find a country western Alley Cat, but I want the one with the cat paws that Thom's relatives all do at weddings. The only hint of it on youtube is here, in this strangely beautiful grey video of some event, somewhere, at some Knights of Columbus Hall.

Of course that just made me want to Polka.



And these guys, who are so cute, do not do it the way I want it done.

2 comments:

kw said...

Baby girl,

I haven't danced in years! Let's find that class and hang with those fabulous people.

SHHhh. I'm technically off-line right now, but I had to stop by. BTW, we are going to an opening Saturday, if you're interested.

Kisses and kittens.

Chunks of Reality said...

I love the dance videos! The alley cat dancer was just incredible. He just has this flow about him.

And about the polka...don't people get dizzy doing that?