Friday, December 01, 2006

Next Season: The Amazing Shrimp Ladies

I'm in the middle of another elaborate drawing, so it's going to be a while before I have any new art of my own to post. In the meantime, feast your eyeballs on the Thousand Hand Gaun Yin.



Guan Yin is the Bodhisattva of Compassion, and she's also known as the Goddess of Mercy. But the China Disabled Person's Performing Art Troupe, who performs the dance, is not exactly swimming in the merciful compassion. they are suing several knock-off thousand hand dance groups as well as bringing a lawsuit against Gracewell, a graceless Chinese underwear company that has made tights with a picture of a dancer in one of their poses on them.

(Thanks to Lord Whimsey, who posted this video on his blog recently, and whose moustache, I hope, will inspire a similar dance. I'd love to see the Thousand-Moustached Shrimp Ladies.)

No comments: