Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Okay, so it's been a hundred years since I last posted. I've been busy. I'm teaching, working on a book project, I finished a new piece and I've just agreed to work with Center Street Studio to make two new etchings, which is very exciting. And I just found out that I'm going to Rome in the fall, so I'm trying to learn Italian, find an apartment in Rome, etc, etc. It's all very exciting, but I am not sure that it's humanly possible to get everything done. I need super powers, and I know exactly what I want: I want the ability to make time speed up and slow down at will. I wouldn't use my power for the common good, either. I'd be Mundane Woman, and I'd just live a happy life full of long hours in the studio and very very short faculty meetings.

And I'd spend a lot of long slow hours in Grand Scale, the new print exhibition at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I've posted about it already, but man, it's great. It hurts my eyes. Every single thing in that room makes me want to lie on the floor and moan with art awe agony. There's no bad work. There are lots of masterpieces by people I've never even heard of. It's just spectacular. The curators, Shelley Langdale and Larry Silver, must just giggle themselves to sleep every night. It's amazing. Go see it.



The Philadelphia Museum has cleverly set up their website so no one can repost their images, but here's a picture of the catalog, which is pretty intensely drool-worthy in itself.

Also, genius artist Rachel Perry Welty, with whom I showed at Gallery Joe, is doing a very hilarious performance piece on Facebook tomorrow- she's going to update her status every 60 seconds. If you're on Facebook you can friend her or just sign up to attend the event "Rachel is..." to see.

No comments: